My professional bio in a few words:
Click to enlarge
I am a civil servant of the European Commission since 1993. I held several positions within the European Commission. I am currently a project leader at the Directorate General for Informatics. Previously, I held positions within the European Union Publications Office and the Directorate-General Information Society in Luxembourg.
My previous positions include the management of the IT infrastructure of the trading room of the Paribas Bank in Brussels, now part of Dexia. I had similar positions within the WordPerfect Corporation Brussels Office and Fnac.
I have done my share of volunteer work for and around the Internet over the past 12 years or so. I am now taking a rest, but you might hear me barking every once in a while, especially on Twitter.
Past activities include:
- Member of ICANN’s Security and Stability Advisory Committee
- Chairman of the Luxembourg IPv6 Task Force
- Board member of the European IPv6 task Force Steering Committee
- WSIS/IGF representative for ISOC-Luxembourg
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Internet Society.
- Member of the At-Large Advisory Committee to the ICANN board and its European council
- Interim Secretary of the ISOC-ECC
- As an aside, and just for fun, I claim the paternity of Dot EU TLD – local copy PDF (60 kb) since 11 December 1996.
I do not have much time left to spend on computer programming. However, I am pretty fluent in PHP, Perl and C. I have made some contributions to open source projects like KDE, SMA and Logwatch. Some of my hacks are available on this site.
Publications, Papers and Conferences (should be updated)
- E-Work Week, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg 7 November 2000 (French) – Download the PDF
- Un bout d’histoire de l’Internet – Agefi Luxembourg, February 2002 (French) – Download the PDF
- E-Europe 2005 – Overview of Public and Private Sector Planning in the Context of IPv6 Integration- Copenhagen, 2 November 2002
- Les seconds états généraux européens du nommage Internet – Paris,3 July 2003
- Prospective de l’Internet: Vers une nouvelle fracture numérique – Namur, 4 March 2005 (French) Download the PDF
- Video for the Appreciation Evening for Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn, Washington, 10 May 2005
- IT, Society, and Culture – American Chamber of Commerce, Luxembourg, 8 February 2007 Download the PDF
- Future Trends of the Internet, Luxembourg, 28 January 2009 – Download the PDF